Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Groceries for a Mexican dish

Ok, I thought I was going to wait for payday to get the ingredients for my next dish but I couldn't wait. I love cooking and now I have something to look forward to. Also, Evan and I have decided to no longer shop at Walmart because of the way they treat their policies and their " do nothing/take care of yourself " approach with their employees. If anyone gets a chance watch the documentary on Walmart, it's an eye opener.

Anyway, after picking up my boys from home we made our 2nd grocery trip for cooking. It seems like each meal is going to cost around 20$ but it will yield to a serving of 4 so I think its worth it. I think the best part of this whole experience is cooking with new ingredients. This time I found everything in one spot. Not hard to find mexican ingredients in the south.

Oh and just another TIP: If you're working with fresh herbs, buy them or pick them day of cooking. They go bad really fast, but so good!

So tonight I am cooking, Skillet Tamale Pie. Sounds to hot for the triple digit weather but we will just turn up the air conditioner. Yummo, Rachel! This recipe will be something new for me, I have to make it stove top in a skillet and bake it to brown in the oven within the skillet. Also I have never used polenta, which is similar to grits, so this will be interesting. I'm going to prepare all of the food as Rachel would have her helpers do and lay it out in front of me to see if I can hit her 15 minute meal on this one. She forgets the prep time it takes to make these meals. LIAR! You cheap Hoe! Maybe thats how she measures her love to my husband.

1 comment:

  1. I know you just didn't call my mistress a Hoe! tisk, tisk love.

    ReplyDelete