Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cheesy Pasta Presto - 15 minutes


The big night is finally here, Evan is salivating as I write this I'm sure. I'm excited about making this actually, I don't think I've ever made a pasta dish from a recipe, at least one that isn't lasagna.

I called Evan about 4:30 to start the water for the pasta. He seems to do a better job with pasta than I so I have to admit I let him take care of that. He has a great technique for pasta, boiling water, toss pasta water, immediately cover (no steam can escape) and remove from heat, let sit for 15 minutes covered and Whala! All done, perfect pasta!

Rachel you know the only way these recipes take 15 minutes is if I have a studio audience and everything set out in front of me all done. And of course a big pay check helps. It took about 30 minutes counting all the prep time. Right off the smell was intoxicating, the pancetta, onions, and garlic really got me salivating. It went pretty quickly once I started cooking. Ricotta, basil, parmigiano, pancetta pasta, and arugula, Yummo! I have to admit I have never had arugula, it really has a specific taste to it, not bad.

All in all the pasta was PRIMO, it taste like something you would get from a restaurant. After all the grocery store trips though to I would say the pancetta could have been easily replaced with bacon or thick ham, make Okie style. It was very flavorful, thick, and cheesy. It serves 4, so Evan and I have leftovers for tomorrow.

I have to say it wasn't a panty dropper because if you eat to much of it you won't be able to do anything but unzip and take a load off. I have dreams though!



From Evan:
"The pasta dish was so good, it makes me want to slap myself. I never knew a somewhat simple pasta dish could taste so delicious. Kuddos to my wife,my love (and RR)..."

1 comment:

  1. This sounds SOOOO good. Arugula has been my new FAVORITE salad green for the past 3 or 4 years now. I describe it as a baby green leaf lettuce with a radish like peppery flavor. We grow it in our garden each spring and fall, so if you need some in the future, just ping me, and I'll let you know if we have any available.
    Karen Frusciante

    ReplyDelete